Wolfville - posted on Tue. July 18, 2017
COME AND JOIN THE WOLFVILLE NURSING HOME TEAM
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE, MINIMUM OF 64 HOURS BI-WEEKLY
The Wolfville Nursing Home is a privately owned, unionized, Accredited Long Term Care Facility in the town of Wolfville in Nova Scotia’s beautiful Annapolis Valley. We provide quality care to 67 residents.
Wolfville is just one hour from Halifax and is the cultural centre of the Annapolis Valley . Excellent accommodation choices, fine dining and boutique shopping in our small university town. Acadia University brings a sophistication and wealth of activities year-round. Fabulous farm markets, music and theatre, the Acadian Mecca of Grand Pre National Historic Site and the world’s highest tides in the Minas Basin filling up our “world’s smallest” harbour.
We have a position available for a qualified Licensed Practical Nurse to work a minimum of 64 hours bi-weekly. This position is a casual, non-union role. Reporting to the Director of Resident Care or designate, the LPN is accountable for administering medications to residents, reviewing the CCA/PCW work plan at the start of each shift, monitoring workflow re: resident care timelines and CCA/PCW breaks.
As resident care team leader, the LPN provides guidance and direction to CCA/PCW resident care team and assists with resident care as required. The LPN holds unit meetings with the CCA/PCW team and reports any concerns to RN. The LPN contributes to quality improvement projects and role models the Nursing Department’s commitment to the organization’s safety culture and enhancement of resident safety. The LPN also assists with development of and adheres to safety procedures as work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations (e.g. WHMIS, fire safety, spills).
The ability and willingness to work all shifts (days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays) is a requirement of this position.
• Current registration with CLPNNS
• Recognized Pharmacology course and experience in medication administration
• Geriatric nursing experience an asset
• Strong team player and effective communication skills
• Alzheimer and other related dementia (P.I.E.C.E.S.) training an asset
• Experience working with geriatric clients or previous Long Term Care Experience preferred
• Experience working with electronic medical records and basic computer skills preferred
• Must be authorized to work in Canada
• Must meet the minimum level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English
Wolfville Nursing Home offers:
• Wage range for non unionized position is $22.11 to $24.00 per hour.
How to Apply:
• Send resume, quoting competition number , to the attention of Denise Snyder, Director of Resident Care
o By Mail to: Wolfville Nursing Homes Ltd 601 Main Street, Wolfville, NS, B4P 1E9
o By Fax to: 902-542-1048
o Electronically to:
email@example.com or by clicking on the Apply Now button
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.