Wolfville - posted on Tue. July 18, 2017
COME AND JOIN THE WOLFVILLE NURSING HOME TEAM
REGISTERED NURSE, MINIMUM OF 64 HOURS BI-WEEKLY
The Wolfville Nursing Home is a privately owned, unionized, Accredited Long Term Care Facility in the town of Wolfville in Nova Scotia’s beautiful Annapolis Valley. We provide quality care to 67 residents.
Wolfville is just one hour from Halifax and is the cultural centre of the Annapolis Valley . Excellent accommodation choices, fine dining and boutique shopping in our small university town. Acadia University brings a sophistication and wealth of activities year-round. Fabulous farm markets, music and theatre, the Acadian Mecca of Grand Pre National Historic Site and the world’s highest tides in the Minas Basin filling up our “world’s smallest” harbour.
We have 3 positions available for qualified Registered Nurses to work a minimum of 64 hours bi-weekly. These positions are full time, part time and casual and offer opportunities in union and non-union roles. Reporting to the Director of Resident Care or designate, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the overall day to day co-ordination and direction of nursing care, supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses and Continuing Care Assistants.
The ability and willingness to work all shifts (days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays) is a requirement of this position.
• BN, BScN from a recognized university
• Will consider a diploma RN with demonstrated clinical skills and supervisory experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience (in LTC) within the last 5 years preferred
• Current registration with CRNNS
• Current CPR certification
• Proven competence in clinical practice, resident care coordination, multidisciplinary teamwork and supervision of LPN and CCA staff
• Alzheimer and other related dementia (P.I.E.C.E.S.) training an asset
• Experience working with geriatric clients or previous Long Term Care Experience preferred
• Experience working with electronic medical records and basic computer skills preferred
• Must be authorized to work in Canada
• Must meet the minimum level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English
Wolfville Nursing Home offers:
• Remuneration and Benefit Package as per current NSNU LTC Collective Agreement (for unionized roles)
• Wage range for non-unionized position is $30.79 to $34.00 per hour.
How to Apply:
• Send resume, quoting competition number, to the attention of Denise Snyder, Director of Resident Care
o By Mail to: Wolfville Nursing Homes Ltd 601 Main Street, Wolfville, NS, B4P 1E9
o By Fax to: 902-542-1048
o Electronically to:
email@example.com or by clicking on the Apply Now button
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.